Information for professionals
How to make a written referral to the Adult Locality Services and Adult Specialist Teams:
- Identify the service to which you would like to refer
- Download the appropriate referral form
- Fax, email or post the referral form to the RMCS Administration Referral Centre
- EMIS summary to be generated and included with the referral
Referring to our services
You will find information, including referral forms and guidance, to support you to refer into our services below.
For adult locality teams and specialist teams, you can contact our Administration Referral Centre on 020 8661 3908 or email email@example.com.
There might be occasions where a service directs you to refer verbally:
If this is the case:
- Call the Administration Referral Centre on 020 8661 3908
- Provide the referral details requested by the administrator
- You will be asked specific questions to clarify the service required for your patient and will be required to provide specific paperwork, which will be clarified at the time of the call
- Email the required paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org within the timescale specified during the initial call before the referral can be accepted
- EMIS summary to be generated and included with the referral,
Centre opening hours
Monday to Friday: 8am-6pm
Integrated Locality Teams: follow up enquiries
Follow up enquiries to discuss patients already on the caseload can be made to the Integrated Locality Team administrators. There is also a duty nurse available to speak to if required.
We are constantly aiming to improve the services that we provide and welcome any feedback on our referral process.
Referrals for patients who have fallen (or who are at risk of falling)
This document will help you determine which services is most suitable for you to refer your patient to, and what supporting information you may need to provide:
Before using these forms please make sure you have read the general referral instructions.
Adult nursing services
Community Nursing: See verbal referral instructions (above)
Community Respiratory Team: See verbal referral instructions (above)
Domiciliary Physiotherapy: See verbal referral instructions (above)
Heart Failure Service: See verbal referral instructions (above)
Tissue Viability Service - See verbal referral instructions (above)
Adult therapy services
Falls Prevention Service Home response service: see verbal referral instructions (above)
Community Neurotherapy Team: See verbal referral instructions (above)
Community Rehabilitation Team: See verbal referral instructions (above)
Children's community services