Sutton Community Uniform Shop
There is support available for buying school uniform for your child.
School uniform summer drop-ins
The Sutton Community Uniform Bank is holding two drop-in sessions on 12 and 23 August, for parents to come along and pick up a free school uniform before the autumn term begins.
Pop in anytime between 10am and 12pm to the Tweedale Children’s Centre on either day, to pick up branded and non-branded school uniforms.
Free school uniform bank
Sutton Community Uniform Bank provides free school uniforms for 4 - 18 year old. They are unable to provide footwear.
They are there to support families who are experiencing difficulties buying school uniforms.
You don't need to prove you are eligible to use this service. Anyone with a child or young person who needs a school uniform can contact the service.
The Uniform Bank is based at:
The Sutton Children’s Centre
Donate an item
The Uniform Bank is always looking for items of branded or unbranded school uniform clothing.
If you have unwanted items:
- email the Sutton Community Uniform Bank
- or call them on 020 8770 6000 to arrange a collection
Alternatively, you can drop them off at one of the following children centres:
- Green Oak, Cheam Resource Centre, 671 London Road, Worcester Park SM3 9DL
- Tweeddale, Tweeddale Road, Carshalton SM5 1SW
- Amy Johnson, 63 Brabazon Avenue, Wallington SM6 9ET
- Thomas wall, 69 Western Road, Sutton, SM1 2TF
Help with school uniform costs
We don’t provide school uniform grants. You should contact your child's school to:
- check their uniform policy
- find out if uniform should be order through a specific supplier
- find out if there is any support available such as second-hand uniform sales
You may be able to buy generic school uniforms from high street shops and supermarkets.
You may be eligible to receive help with uniform costs if you receive certain benefits.
You can check that you are receiving all the benefits you are entitled to by:
Your local Citizens Advice Bureau may be aware of local funding that could go towards school uniform costs.
Support with the cost of living
If you are worried about money, your mental health or wellbeing, visit the Sutton Council cost of living support page.
Sutton Council, local charities, community groups and partners are working together to support you and those you care about with the rising cost of living.