Domiciliary Physiotherapy Service
Overview of the service
The Domiciliary Physiotherapy Service provides comprehensive assessments, physiotherapy treatment and advice for adults who have been referred to our service by GPs and other health or social care professionals.
The services we provide include:
- Holistic physiotherapy assessment
- Individually tailored management plan working towards jointly agreed goals
- Assessment and provision of suitable walking aids (outdoor mobility aids are not routinely provided)
- Advice and education for self-management
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Stair assessments and rehabilitation
Who can access this service?
To access this service, patients must:
- Be 18 years and over
- Be registered with a Sutton GP
- Housebound (unable to attend clinic with or without assistance) or need to be treated at home.
- Have Physiotherapy needs only.
This service is not suitable for patients who are:
- Not housebound and/or do not need to be treated at home
- Receiving ongoing physiotherapy input from another rehab team
Team members who could be involved in care are:
You would be seen by our Physiotherapists, assistant practitioners or rehabilitation assistants. We also work with other healthcare professionals such as District Nurses etc and Social Care teams to make sure you get the treatment you need.
Is patient self-referral available?
No, however, you can be referred to our service by your GP or other healthcare and social care professionals.
Is transport provided?
Are home visits available?
Yes, all visits are carried out at your home.